Saturday, January 14, 2012

01/14/12 - Working on finding colors for Scootertown

When I made the move to my new place, I set up a room dedicated to Scootertown - it's filled with a variety of reference materials, old books and a few toys that embody the feeling I want in Scootertown. I've been having a bit of trouble finding a the right color combinations, which is a little ironic since I'm a painter, but I'm gonna post what's going on regardless:

The temporary work desk.

Some of the reference material

Note the mix of water based colors: gouche, watercolors, colored pencils and ink. I'll be using a mix of the mediums to build color, texture and movement...that is once I figure out what's gonna be colored how.


My reference pinup board. (The bear has nothing to do with the book. My mom gave it to my son for his birthday a few years ago. Trying to make sure i don't lose it) 

Birdhouse inspiration. Also,c heck out the stove in the bottom right hand corner - it is the exact stove I drew for another Scootertown book about Joel, the adventurer squirrel. He lives in a men's straw skimmer hat in a tree.


Gouche on a plate!

My little bedroom set in the Scooter room includes an air matterss.

Get your own black and white copy of Stories from "Scootertown:Run Rabbit Run" on Etsy:
www.etsy.com/listing/82504890/stories-from-scootertown-run-rabbit-run

No comments:

Post a Comment